Educational Assistance Program

The Oklahoma National Guard Educational Assistance Program was created by the Oklahoma legislature and signed into law by Gov. Kevin Stitt in 2022. The legislation created the Oklahoma National Guard Education Assistance Fund - a revolving fund administered by the Oklahoma State Regents of Higher Education - that pays for Oklahoma National Guard members' tuition as well as mandatory and academic fees at Oklahoma's public colleges and universities.

EAP Request Deadlines:
Fall Semester - August 31
Spring Semester - January 31

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can apply for EAP benefits?
  • Currently serving Oklahoma National Guard members who:
    • Have at least one year remaining on their enlistment contract with the Oklahoma National Guard from the beginning of semester.
    • Maintained a cumulative GPA of 2.0 Undergraduate or 3.0 for Graduate at the end of each semester.
    • Pursuing their first undergraduate or postgraduate degree program.
How do I apply for EAP benefits?
  • Students must fill out the EAP Request Form and submit it no later than August 31 for the fall semester and January 31 for the spring semester.
Is EAP only for undergraduate degrees?
  • No, the EAP covers up to 40 hours of tuition and fees for students seeking their first graduate degree.
Can I use EAP for a professional degree, certificate or vo-tech.?
  • No, non-degree, professional degrees and certificates or second degree seeking students will not be processed for EAP.
What happens if I fail a course or drop out after the add/drop date?
  • If an OKNG member fails a course or withdraws after the add/drop date, the student will be responsible for payment.
  • Semester hours taken will also be counted toward the service member's 120/40 hours taken
I serve in the Oklahoma National Guard but live out of state, do I qualify?
  • Oklahoma National Guard members who live outside of Oklahoma's borders qualify for the same educational benefits as Guard members who live within Oklahoma's borders.
Is this benefit only for Air National Guard or Army National Guard?
  • ​Members of both the Oklahoma Air and Army National Guard qualify.
If I fail to meet EAP provisions, can I request a hardship?
  • Yes, a waiver request in writing by Service Member may be submitted to the Adjutant General for final decision.
What schools can I use the EAP at?